Saturday, February 9, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect....




So with the title I will have to say I'm learning new things everyday with my Pentax K10D. Rick has left town for work in sunny- warm Flordia so it is outside for me shooting whatever I can find. Although we have had snow and I DO NOT drive in this crap I get out in the yard looking for something to shoot. I shot this picture in RAW mode and then done some editing in Photoshop.
This is not that good of a picture but I made my dog sit and pose on this cedar bench that Rick made . Needless to say it was snowing at the time and she was glad to move. I did give her a treat.






















I was standing under this tree looking straight up at the sky for this picture. I thought this looked liked something from a scary movie.


It is very cold - I had to come in and warm up by the fire. While I was in the house I had a funny thought for pictures so I bundled back up and back to the yard I went. I thought what could be more fun than smiling faces in the snow. This is a decoration I have on my tree. So as soon as someone pulls into my driveway they are greeted with a smiling face. The other one is a creation from my dad. He is always making things out of wood and carving. On one trip to Tennessee I took him a piece of cedar and asked him to make me a Welcome sign. Well low and behold this is what he came up with. Creative huh ? He actually made a whole sign but all I wanted to capture was the face. Dad says it is Rick.















The rest of the pictures below are taken while I was on the road to moms and on the trip home. I have always wanted to get a picture of this barn (same barn different view) so with no traffic behind me and my good ole compact Sony in my purse I was able to get what I wanted. ( that don't happen often ) There are also some of a little stream here in West Point and some random photos that I wanted to share. I hope you have enjoyed looking at them as much as I do taking them.


















This one is of the catholic Church in West Point. The church is so big so I just focused on the steeple.





Weird-Bird
Birds are flyin' south for winter.Here's the Weird-Bird headin' north,Wings a-flappin', beak a-chatterin',Cold head bobbin' back 'n' forth.He says, "It's not that I like iceOr freezin' winds and snowy ground.It's just sometimes it's kind of niceTo be the only bird in town."
Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment