Sunday, March 29, 2009

What the heck happened to Spring !

Well so much for my last post - Spring has sprung ! We now have snow. I guess it is Iowa and the weather here is very unpredictable. When I retire I want to be a "snow bird" you know people that go South for the winter.
I sat here yesterday and watched all the bird activity in my yard. I think they knew a winter storm was approaching. I had bluebirds, chickadees,robins,meadowlarks,cardinals,nuthatches and of course the over populated sparrows all trying to eat from the same feeder. My camera was snappin' like crazy! Here's a collage of some of the shots.












Updates on us - this will be the last on the shoulder. It's going pretty good. I have started strengthening it now- I tell you what 10 # feels like 50 , whew those gals really work me over. Most of the motion is back, I can raise it good but still having a little problem getting it behind my back. I asked the Dr. how much more therapy and he said they would kick me out when they see the progress had ended. I asked the PT's and they told me about another month would probably get it. Good - those visits are very expensive, thank God I have insurance !
Rick got back from Reno on Monday. He was there for work for a week setting up and tearing down fireplaces at a home show. I can tell, the laundry has reached the ceiling again (giggles) He took some great pictures for me, see. Oh yeah , the grill picture is for you mom :)


Now I want to go !
I have started following this blog. A lady I work with was telling me about her daughter and how she had started this plus how interesting it was. You should check it out if you are at all into crafty or fashionable new things ! It's great. Keep up the good work Jess.
Speaking of crafty. I'm getting ready to make a picture frame from a 4 pane window. Hey
Lana here's one for you as well.
I have all the stuff gathered up, just waiting on a warm day to paint it outside. Here's a picture of it -
I saw it in a Signature Homestyles catalog for 48.95. I thought it looked easy enough to make. I'm going to add my studio name to the bottom as shown in this picture. This will be ordered from my Uppercase Living book party
I just love that stuff, and you can customize anything you want !
Well it's time to jump in the shower and head to the grocery store. Fun, fun ! I will leave you with a quote.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
Enjoy life ! Get out and do something fun, adventurous, exciting, make it the best day everyday !

2 comments:

  1. Oh heck!, so much going on here. LOL. Glad your arm is doing better, although I'm sad I see less of you! And bluebirds!! I saw mine again a few days ago. I need to get some feeders out (another expensive hobby I think), and some birdhouses.
    And go you, I really like that window. I probably like it better than mine!! You should get a cricket, so you can cut any vinyl saying you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the link to my blog Tina! :) Love the window frame, did my mom tell you that we just scored 30 antique windows from a guy in Fairfield? What a great way to use them!

    ReplyDelete