Saturday, January 26, 2008

Early morning on the Mississippi

This morning I got up and bundled up in clothing and headed out to Fort Madison around 6:30 to see if the Eagles were out. WOW- when I got there they were everywhere along with the playful seagulls. So I got my camera ready and started shooting. They were all lined up here. All I had to do is wait for them to start flying around and roosting.


In the meantime I spotted the seagulls. They are very

interesting to observe. This one was like he was posing for me. I changed the tone on this to sepia.












It looks they are starting to move around a little. Here are three all trying to claim the piece of tree.


















I looked up and noticed this Eagle sitting there watching the water for breakfast.This one isn't in focus to good. I am shaking so bad it is only 20 degrees. Maybe I should have bundled up more :) Ok I'm going to get in the car and warm up before taking more.

Now I am warmer and the sun is trying to come up through the clouds. It is now 7:20am I caught this seagull in action swooping pretty close to me.
Here comes a big Eagle flying right in front of me. His wings in the air and head in the wind.














The Eagle has landed.










I will post all of these in the slideshow titled morning at the Mississippi ! Way to many to sit and add on here. I hope you have enjoyed them. Please sign up for a Google account - it is free then you can comment on my pictures. More to come next week. have a great weekend.


I had to put this one last one on here. It is my favorite. This is getting pretty close to the Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment