Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008










I wanted to take a minute to reflect over 2007. It was a great year that started out with a temperature of 90 degrees on our vacation to Punta Cana

























and ended with a chilling 13 degrees and 5" of fresh snow at home in Iowa.


Here are a few highlights of 2007- The first and far most important is that my family's all well, I had several vacations - a vacation to the Dominican Republic in Jan. with my boyfriend,sister and brother-in-law,a vacation to Tennessee to visit my family, a vacation to New York tto visit Rick's family,a freind of mine at work introduced me to this blogging stuff ( thanks Deb http://iowa3chances.blogspot.com/ , by the way her highlight would be that she INVENTED dining stones check out more on the web at http://www.diningstones.com/ ), I reconnected with friends from highschool on myspace, I bought my first DSLR camera and had a great holiday season with family and friends. Speaking of the holiday season here's a few pictures of what it looks like when you get the 30 of us together at Christmas. I hope 2008 has many "Reflected Memories."

















I haven't been out yet to take pictures of the beautiful white blanket we have but plan on doing so this week. There's a town on the Mississippi River that the Eagles flock to in the winter months. I'm going to be taking pictures there so keep your eyes on my blog to see the powerful birds:) This picture was taken there last year.





Keep your eyes on my blog, winter pictures will be posted soon.

Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth.~Martin Luther

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Ok... I think I have this figured out... kinda! I'm hoping you will get this comment. I have started my own- but I haven't written anything yet! Just uploaded some pics.
    I LOVE the picture of the seagull you changed to sepia- and all of them are great but my most favorite of them all is the seagull flying with the sun coming up over the water. That is an awesome picture!!! I was doing some research today just because I feel like I don't get a lot of concepts- you might be interested in MacDevCenter.com. It had some really cool tips for shooting!
    Good job on freezing your ass off and still taking amazing pistures!!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete