Sunday, April 6, 2008

Warmer Weekends

WOW ! It is finally Spring and I can see the grass. I can't wait until I can get out and start taking pictures of something other than dead looking landscapes.

We got up early Saturday morning to go out for breakfast ( like the old people do ) then on the way back Rick actually took me to an old deteriorating structure. I'm not sure if this is a house or barn. I got a few good shots and some Springy shots of flowers coming through the leaves and this cool fern picture as well.



On Sunday Rick and I did take a pond fishing day today since the temperature reached 68. I packed up my backpack with camera gear while he got the fishing gear ready. We started off riding the 4-wheeler to a pond near the house. This way the dogs could go with us.

After there for a little while I was getting bored so I reeled in and what to my surprise- I had caught a bass ! It was about 4" long if that. Rick just had to get a shot of that.




Well needless to say the big fish weren't bitin'. But the tree did- as you can see I snagged a big one :)














So after my 2 catches I decided it was time for me to get out the camera and start shooting. Since Rick wasn't catching anything either I thought I would give Harley ( my Lab ) a workout with a game of fetch.














I tossed the stick in and she was like a fish - swimming ( OK - dog paddling) out to the stick and back. She didn't want to stop, she loves the water ! Our arms were getting tired of tossing it out and she was panting like crazy so we started packing up to head out.

Rick knew of another spot that he thought would surely be a great fishin' hole. So back to the house to get the truck then off to pond 2. HA ! This is where Rick caught his big catch of the day- a 3" long Blue Gill. I had already got bored so I started walking around to see what I could find to take pictures of. Not a lot out here except dead looking stuff. I did like the bright blue sky and of course had to get one of the fisherman in here.






You can check out more of my pictures on my Flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/harleypass/




This is a paragraph from "How The Mind Affects Happiness" It sounds alot like me. Or at least the imagination part. I look forward to taking more fun filled facinating phographs in the days to come.

"As humans we live in two worlds. There is the external physical world of work, family and friends that we travel in. Then there is the world of our mind and imagination. It is a virtual reality that can appear and feel just as real. When it comes to your emotions the virtual world of your mind can be more real."



1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures, the old houses and barns are the best makes you wonder about the people who lived in them years ago.Keep up the good work. Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete