Saturday, November 15, 2008

Click here

Now if you clicked the link above that will show you how busy I have been.

It was August the last time I added a post boy is that bad or what. I'm going to try to make it a priority to sit down and work on this each week.

Updates -

I had a few of my pictures printed and framed to dress up our dining room and now it is time for more. I have been busy riding around on the gravel roads looking for the perfect picture. I don't always ride alone - a friend of mine Deanna, went with me one day and we found some pretty cool stuff. We came up on an old make shift town of Minerville. You can read more about it here - http://www.thehawkeye.com/Story/Minerville-032708 To bad it is a thing of the past. We walked around and took a few pictures then ended our trip.

Mom and I went out a couple weeks ago and found lots of stuff from barns to old schools to this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/harleypass/sets/72157608593605809/ now this was definitely a good day. Tons of pictures where taken and after 8 hours of riding we were beat !

Rick and I went to Quincy for a car show and to visit this castle that I found on the Internet. Both were very interesting. Rick spent alot of time crouching down to look under and all around cars to get ideas and I was crouching with him to get the pictures. The castle was kinda cool, it sits on the banks of the Mississippi with a spectacular view. When we first walked in I spotted a lamp. At the same time Rick and I looked at each other and I said - "that is like the one I have !" See for yourself. The floor lamp is in the castle - the table lamp is in my living room. I got this after my grandma passed away. It belonged to a neighbor of hers so I'm not really sure where she got it from. I did ask the tour guide at the castle if he knew any information on the one there and he shared a little - the lamp was brought back from Egypt in the early 1800's - WOW I could have a real collectible.



Rick has been busy too - a friend from work gave him a truck - well not completely it cost me sending lasagna to him at work :) But anyway, he has big plans to build his own rat rod. Yep you guessed it, done with one project and now it is time for another.

I have been back to the Dr. and have to have rotator cuff surgery - dang it no picture taking for a while.

It is hunting season here so Rick has been strong at it - nothing yet. I will for sure post when he gets the monster buck :)

Now that was a lot of info squeezed in to try and play catch up. I will sit down on Saturdays to post more.

Thanksgiving is coming up and that means BLACK FRIDAY !! Yippee !!! Mom, Lori,Kathern,Gina and myself meet about 4:30AM to knock people down and get some good deals. OK, we don;t really knock people down but we do find some deals. We usually come home with bruised heals and lots of shopping bags. I will be taking my camera along that day to get some pictures of the madness that we participate in. So stay tuned for more fun !!

John Fitzgerald Kennedy:"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

No comments:

Post a Comment