Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hunting, Fishing & Crafting

I know you are thinking wow, 2 posts in one day. I'm playing the catch up game so here it is. I have a lot to cover in this one. Did the title get your attention ?

Rick was going turkey hunting and asked did I want to go along to see if I could get a tom all fanned out, with a camera that is. He took the bow ☺. First off let me say that the 2 man blinds are exactly that. No room for a chair, bow or any other thing you may want to take along. Rick and I were crammed in that thing, sitting on these little 3 legged stools, that he uses for fishing. It was like riding a banana seat bicycle all over again. Needless to say I was getting a little numb in the bum! Now we finally get all situated, the sun is just starting to come up and Rick start calling in the turkeys. Annoying sounds were coming from our blind but then in the near distance I hear gobble,gobble gobble. Well, they don;t really sound like that but you get the picture. It was like turkey Heaven ! Sounds coming from all around, tons of turkeys both toms & hens. Now we wait, uh here comes one, Rick is getting a little nervous cause he is about to kill something. The tom comes to within 30 yards of us but Rick doesn't have a good shot cause the smart tom is standing behind trees. I can see he is all fanned out but I can't move ! What !!! I came along to take a picture and now I can't move !! Rick said that turkeys have really good eye sight and the least move will scare him away. Oh well, I watch and that I mean watch the tom walk away. After he was out of sight Rick and I discussed that if he did have a shot, he had no room to pull back the bow ! So I think we need to get a blind each and he will have plenty of room for the shot and I can have room for a comfy chair, coffee, and my camera bag !


Hunting's over now we decide to go fishing. It's cloudy and the rain isn't far away, perfect time for the scaly things to be bitin' !


It was like the turkey scenario - but with fish. It was fish Heaven !! My arm was getting tired from reeling. We caught bass, bluegill and crappie !! Dad & Uncle Allen , tell the Tennessee trout to look out we are coming soon ! Supper tomorrow will be.....FISH !



Crafting - well many of you know I'm some what of a crafter, or at least I think so. I saw these Fringies for sell on Etsy and thought I could just make one myself and save the money. (Thanks for the economy situation Obama) So I got on EBay and found some yarn that will work. I bought it, it came and I got started. Now I failed to mention that I have no pattern to go by, only a picture. So I began cutting yarn, drug out the sewing machine and proceeded to sew the yarn to a pillowcase. I'm not that good at sewing, in fact Rick got me the sewing machine for Christmas ( cause I wanted one ) and I don't have the patience for the friggin' thing. My bobbin ran out and I fought with the darn sewing machine for almost an hour before packing everything up in a basket and sending it off to mom. Gotta love moms, they can do anything !! Thanks mom !!!! If mom can't make it look good - I will spend the money and get one.


Now for a shot not related to this post. The Magnolias are blooming everywhere. I took this shot in Crapo Park in Burlington,Iowa. Ah, the fragrance and beauty of Spring. Have a great day !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina! That's an interested approach to my Fringies line of yarn photo portrait props! Let us know how it goes, please. :)
    Celeste (Crickets)

    p.s. I was cracking up reading your "hunting" account--lol! It looks like my husband and I share a lot of your family's views on politics, etc. ;)

    Celeste (Crickets)

    ReplyDelete