Saturday, June 6, 2009

Vacation Time!!!!

Rick and I took off for our yearly vacation back home to Tennessee ! Y’all know that’s where I’m from right? The place that we use buggies at Wal-Mart, wear toboggans in the winter instead of a stocking hat and have no clue on directions that say go North 2 miles then turn West, heck tell us to go to the big Oak tree and turn right then at the pond go left , we'll find you'ens then !!

We had a blast! Visited a friend on the way in Indiana, stayed at my dads, went to the zoo in Knoxville, went to Paint Creek in the Cherokee National Forest, ( so Rick could get in a little trout fishing ) went to a HUGE flea market (Lana you would have loved it, lots of antiques) and stopped at Cumberland Falls in Kentucky on the way back. While at the zoo dad was buzzing along on his scooter while Kassidi set back for the ride in the stroller. I’m thinking about getting me one of those segways that way I can save the soles of my shoes!! We did get to see a lot of animals but about all of the big cats were sleeping so no good shots of them. I think we got the best shot on the ride through Paint Creek. A timber rattlesnake!!!!! Yikes, I was not going to walk around in the woods after seeing that monster. The bad or I should say STUPID thing about this was that there were a couple teenagers poking around at it with a stick !! Can you say moroooooon!! I too would have liked to had the rattlers but no way would I have poked it with a stick, I would have backed up and tire mashed that sucker, over and over again !

I did get to see most of my family but no time for friends on this trip we stayed pretty busy.

Dad has made some Dulcimers and is learning to play. So what did I do, got back home, signed into EBay, and bought one! Dang it dad, my trip cost me extra money! I think hobbies are hereditary. I may post some videos of me trying it out when I get a little better than dad, gotta try to out do him right? You can see some of dad playing if you go here - www.youtube.com/harleypass

My nephew Eli rode back with us to stay for a couple months, we didn’t talk much since he IS the quietest 13 year old I have ever seen. We did stop in Kentucky at Cumberland Falls, just outside of Corbin. They call this “Little Niagara” , it was very nice. During a full moon this is the only place in the Western Hemisphere that puts off a moonbow, interesting. I did get a nice shot of the rainbow.

Well we get back home and it’s welcome to the real world – cook, clean, laundry and mow the yard or should I say the hay field !! Now I’m working on getting the pool ready so I can kick back and enjoy. If only I didn’t have pool guests all night!!






Maryann we are coming to see you next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment