Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year





10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1...........

HAPPY

NEW

YEAR !

I put this video ecard together on smileybox.com enjoy !












Click to play Year In Review




Here's to a fine 2009 !! Well I brought 2009 in sitting in the recliner watching the ball drop. Rick had gone to bed.



The year in review would take all day for me to type since I only have a left hand right now. I can say it had it's good and bad memories.Here are a few to recap:



Bad - The economy crashed,people lost their jobs,natural weather disasters all over the world,some of them right here in Iowa and the people voted for a change and now we are stuck with Barack Obama for 4 years.



For some good highlights - my family is all safe and for the most healthy,my nephew,Trevor is now a Marine,my nieces Megan & Amanda are expecting again,my sister Melissa gave birth to a handsome little man whom I still have not seen,Rick & I still have our jobs,one of my pictures got published in the Access Energy calendar ( hey it was 50 bucks ),I have made alot of friends, my Uncle Allen is all set up in his new home in Tennessee- now dad has family there,we traveled to Tennessee for vacation, I had 8 paying photoshoots including a wedding, and the list could go on and on.



I would like to say thanks to everyone who visits my blog - I hope you get a little joy from reading my posts. Please leave comments so I know you are out there :)



Now for some New Year resolutions - I don't want to set my expectations to high so here goes.



I want to put alot of effort into my photography skills and get out more- you know,venture to places I have never been. In saying this I mean hit a gravel road,travel to a different state or even country and shoot away. I'm seriously considering a trip to Ireland in 2010 so now is the time to start saving and planning. As far as the gravel roads - I'm bad about getting lost so I purchased a Garmin Nuvi to keep me on the right track. With it I can mark locations and go back to them in different seasons. I look for old houses and barns as most of you know from looking at my flickr page ( www.flickr.com/harleypass )



Speaking of the Garmin - I want to start doing a little geo-caching (pronounced geo-cashing) ! This is something new to me but what a great idea and a chance for some photo-ops. You can read more about that here.http://www.geocaching.com/faq/



Health- I'm going to work on this all around- watch what I eat and cut back on the cigs. No I'm not saying I will quit - that makes me an angry person



Family- spend more time with them.


Blog- post more !


That's about it,I don't want to set my goals to high. Hopefully everyone will stick to their goals as well. Let's all reflect on the past and move on to the future.Happy New Year!




Watch this amazing time lapse video of time flying by.http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=11327764

No comments:

Post a Comment