Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Introducing Red

So as many of you know, if you've been following my blog, that I had shoulder surgery Dec. 10th. Well with that said it was my right shoulder and I'm right handed :) When this is all over I will more than likely be ambidextrous ! Writing, typing and taking pictures left handed is getting easier everyday. I go back to the Dr. Friday and with all hopes I can get this immobilizer off ! Then I will no longer be robotic Tina.
OK now on with my story about movies. I think if my count is right I have watched 52 movies- some old, some new and several Christmas movies from Lifetime. Yes I have cried, laughed and now I think I'm turning into one of the characters from one movie I watched. The Cast Away - ever see that? Well if you haven't go rent it, it's a pretty good movie. You can read the plot here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162222/plotsummary . Well, in this movie after being alone Chuck ( Tom Hanks ) makes a friend, someone to talk to. It is Wilson - a volleyball that he draws a face on and actually talks to ! Hey, don't laugh when you're lonely you will talk to anything ! I know, I have been out of the house 4 times in the past month and Rick has to go to work so I'm here alone.
06
Today I made a new friend - I call him Red !


No, I don't sit and talk to it but I had a blast creating it/him and I did it left handed! See I'm working on that ambidextrous thing. Making Red has been fun and it will give me a picture for my 365 project I'm working on. Some people may say what is that ? Well in my flickr addiction that I have there are groups you join. I joined some and they challenge you to taking and posting a picture every day of the year - 365 to be exact ! Since I can't get out to take pictures I would normally take I have to make do with what I have around here. For instance so far - I have taken these.


01
02
03
04
05

Rick and I got out to deliver deer meat to my mom so I took the point & shoot and got the barn picture. The others as you can see have been shot from the windows in my house. Until Red came along - I'm going to have some fun with him. I'm thinking of places I can take him - you know let him explore ! :)

Well enough for now - I failed to mention that since I've been cooped up I joined NetFlix ( like I've not seen enough movies already) so I have to go watch Definitely Maybe. After that I get the new Saw movie. No, I will not create or think like him so you are safe :)

I'm going to do a post weekly with my 365 photos and then some. Ta-ta for now !

8 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's good that you and Red are going to get out of the house, Tina. Sounds like you need it pretty bad! Or were you insinuating that you were going to introduce Red to other rooms in the house? If that is the case- I am worried about both of you.
    Hopefully you get your thingy off and can move about freely again soon! Have you seen Little Miss Sunshine yet? I am excited to watch it for the first time tonight. Lori said it was really good.
    Well, hope you get better. Tell Red I said hi and I'm very impressed that you have found a use for that pesky Easter grass that most of us throw away!!
    Ha ha!
    Good blog!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your read. And I learned more about you too.lol

    I have had a blogger site with hopes of daily photography posts, well, lets be honest, I would settle for 3 times a week, But I found little traffic and it petered out. MAybe I should renew it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we need to take you to a different kind of doctor on Friday:) So no new pics of me eh...Yea I'll be expecting that one with some crazy stuff added to it I'm sure. Later tater. Oh yea tell red I said Howdy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...is this what weeks with nothing to do does to you? :) I love the pictures and enjoy seeing your new "creations!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pics are absolutely fabulous! Hope you get out soon, though. Take care of that shoulder!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lori maybe we need to get u a visit with another kind of Dr. I love the picture of the barn.Anyway love the new stuff.Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised that everyone is just now figuring out what kind of Dr. you really need. I think that Red has been your friend for a long time and you are just now introducing him to everyone else. Love you and get well soon, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red is quite stunning - he's a stunner, but I think maybe he needs some sunscreen or something. He has a ruddy complexion. :p

    ReplyDelete