Sunday, July 19, 2009

Up,Up, Away

On the road again, or should I say in the air!!
Rick and I had a complete day away from the house on Saturday. We were up and out of here by 6:15am. First stop Fort Madison's Rodeo Park for to watch the hot air balloons launch. It was amazing at how fast the wind lifts them up. They were over the Mississippi in no time. Now we took our journey to davenport for lunch and to visit some friends. On the way Rick saw a sign for the Pine Creek Grist Mill, okay I'm game. So off the beaten path we go. I'm so glad he was in the mood for exploring. The place was fantastic. This would be a great location for Senior photography but I live too far away, dang!
It's time to eat, we've been going since 6:15 and it's now noon. We went on into Davenport and decided to eat at the Machine Shed . If you've never ate there and you live in the Midwest states you need to go! The food, atmosphere and prices are wonderful.




Now on to the "man" store - Harbor Freight. Now for some reason, I came out of there with allot more than Rick did. Oh well, gotta get those flower beds prettied up. I know now why they make a seasonal section, it's for the ladies!!



Next stop back to Fort Madison for the balloon glow. What a day this turned out to be. We arrived back home at 10:30, exhausted!

Enjoy the video! You can see the pictures full sized here here. I almost forgot to do a little bragging. I told you back in May that I won a photo contest for Access Energy again this year! One of my eagle pictures titled " Soaring In The Sky" will be posted on July for the 2010 calendar. I received a couple calendars the other day and love it! Also did I mention the number of views are increasing more and more each day on my web site. Thanks to everyone who shared the link.

Now I feel like a give away! Actually I will be doing a giveaway each month with a grand prize in December. How will we do this you may ask? I will be drawing a name from anyone who makes a comment on this post for a free framed 8 x 10 picture of your choice from my flickr uploads. The contest begins now and will end on July 31st. When making your comment please put your name, city, state and email address and I will contact you if you are the lucky one.

Have fun and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment