Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday America



I can say it sure has been a busy time for me. I'm working on my photography web site which I hope to have complete today or tomorrow. If I could stay out of Wal-Mart, stop lounging in the pool and working in the yard, I may get it finished. Oh well, it's that time of the year when outside is what I like!! How about you?
So I've been stalking birds again- I'm not sure what kind this is but I can say one thing, she's a mean one. I let her build her nest at my back door over the light. Well, I didn't actually let her, I knocked it down several times as she was building but within 2 hours of my back being turned, she had it complete. The reason was, she was ready to lay those eggs! Several of them I might add. Here's a shot of the babies. I hope I don't come outside one day and one has fallen out! Talk about ugly ducklings, these sure are some ugly babies! I took my camera and tripod to the garage to stand because when I approach her nest from the backdoor, she dive bombs me!
Fireworks in West Point! Rick and I drove up town this year to watch the fireworks and I got some pretty good shots.

The weather here has been a little crazy. Here Rick is battening down the hatches. Hot one day, cool the next and did I mention rain! I think we got 9" in the month of June alone. I hope July is not as bad. All the rain seems to make the grass and weeds come on a little stronger. The only thing I need the rain for is my "contest" corn. You know the old saying, "Knee high by the 4th of July." Well mine is but I bet I'm along way from winning the contest. You can read more about the contest HERE .
Now for a funny note- We went to Wal-mart ( I know stay away from there, right ) and I bought some Jiffy Pop popcorn. This way we could act like we were at the movies as well as reminisce about the good ole days. Anyway, Rick had to show me how to pop it. Now I know I'm getting old but come one, not being able to pop popcorn, geez!
OK back to the corn.I need some pointers on how to make it grow faster and taller. The corn behind me in the picture was planted later and is taller. HELP !!! If you have any ideas let me know by posting a comment. If I win, I will send you a really nice gift. How does $50.00 in pork products sound to you? The contest ends in October.
I have my heirloom photography session set up for July 12th. It's going to be a great shoot. I have contacted a costume shop so I will have some really nice outfits for my model to wear. Look for the fun and exciting post next week. I will also be posting the link for my web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment