Thursday, September 17, 2009

Time To Decorate

Autumn will officially be here next week so I have started preparing. While on vacation Mary Ann and I went to a craft show and I was inspired with some of the Fall decor. Next was a trip to Big Lots and a walk in her back yard. Walla- this is what I came up with. I filled the center pillar holder with a pumpkin spice scented candle. Next year I will have a dried hornets nest with tree branch attached IF those little boogers don't get my in the act. We noticed this huge hornets nest last week when we got back from NY. I told Rick I want to try and save it for a decoration.Now we just have to wait until winter, when all the little buzzers move out and hope the weather doesn't ruin it.
Finally a large piece of decor for my yard as well as a great prop for a photo session. The man that farms the land around us bought this wagon at an antique auction and came to us to see if we wanted it. Of course I said yes! We will be modifying it a bit and filling it with hay, pumpkins, gourds ( since I have tons), mums and a few smiling faces. Blogging about that soon! For now here's a peak at the wagon.
I'm headed out for a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby this afternoon to see what else I can find.

3 comments:

  1. Tina -
    I love your fall decorative center piece. Nicely done. The wagon is a huge hit. I know you have been looking for just the right one for some time. Good deal. I love reading your blog and keeping up on your exciting life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the wagon, and the centerpiece. Can't wait to see what you do with the nest. I hope for your sake no little buzzers decided to hybernate in there for the winter. Keep up all the good work. Wish I was that talented...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the wagon! So awesome for fall :)

    ReplyDelete