Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crafting with Martha Stewart along with a little BHG

I sat on the porch this morning noticing how quick our summer has ended.With the leaves hitting the ground, heavy dew in the rising sun and cool breeze blowing throw my tousled hair, I sat pondering for a plan for the day. I had a photo shoot scheduled at noon with my 4 nieces for school pictures but that was pretty much it. What the heck I thought, this would be a good day to shop for some mums and pumpkins to decorate up my wagon since Rick had modified it for me yesterday. That's all it took to get me on a roll. Rick went to the neighbors for some straw so I headed to Ft. Madison. I only found 3 small mums and big pumpkins. This will do for now, I thought, keeping in the back of my head that I would hit Wal-Mart tomorrow after work! When I got home I placed my decorations in spot, grabbed out the camera, snap....Boo...tiful! I think this wagon is going to get a new decoration each season. Hmmmm, Santa would look good sitting in there. (smiling as the light bulb goes off in my head) Speaking of Santa, I also decided I was going to tackle an early Christmas craft I had seen at Hobby Lobby.



One side is painted with chalkboard paint! (thanks Jess, for getting me turned on to this paint)
OK, back to Fall, let's not rush it.
Rick and I took a 4-wheeler ride in the back forty to get some hedge balls. Not only to help rid the spiders of my home but for more decorations. (as seen in the Oct. issue of BHG magazine) I have to get some small winter squash first, then I will post a picture tomorrow evening.
Needless to say we found the mother load. There are tons of these behind our house.

In the meantime I did get one more decoration complete. A corn husk wrapped votive candle. While hedge ball hunting a grabbed a few ears of corn ☺to use for this project.
Martha's version -

My finished product. I used twine to wrap around and then stuck in a small bunch of berries that I robbed from a floral arrangement I have.

That's enough for today. I was inspired by Jess' porch so tomorrow evening I think I will work on mine. Now time to make out the Wal-Mart list:

small winter squash
mini pumpkins
spray paint (for my gourds)
Indian corn

Happy decorating!! Oh yeah, did you notice the ghoulish glass in the first picture. Scroll back up!

2 comments:

  1. You're so sweet, glad you liked my porch!! It totally makes it feel like it's actually fall outside my door, even though it's really 100 degrees! That wagon is SO awesome.. i would totally decorate it for every season! It would look so cute w/ those large vintage christmas lights on there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina - I am crazy about your wagon with the pumpkins, mums, and straw. Very clever. I definitely like your votive candles the most, much more like fall than Martha's!

    ReplyDelete