Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Monday everyone!!

Well, it was a hot weekend here. Temps were in the mid 90’s with heat indexes reaching up to 110. Gotta love Iowa in August.

The week/weekend has been filled with several activities and great bargains. This was my agenda for the weekend.

Friday- work, home and clean, bed! Going to have a busy day on Saturday

Saturday –

· 6:00am - up early (had to be at my nieces bridal shower/breakfast)
· 9:00am - arrive at shower shot lots of pictures.
· 10:30am - moms to change into river clothes , snap a picture of her flowers and load up the car for the bachelorette party and “Rip It Up’ session ( in case you are wondering, this is the same as a Trash The Dress session. I just wanted my name to be more unique.
· Noon – Rome Bar for the meet up of the bachelorette party. While we were there we did our Rip It Up session. What a hoot! Here’s a sneak peek at our fun.. New brides or soon to be brides - if you are interested in a fun session of destruction, let me know by visiting my web site . I actually have a couple extra dresses if you don’t have your own.
· 2:00pm - head down to the river for more of the “Rip It Up” session and a few shots of the bachelorette party hitting the river for a float trip. Not this gal, I had my camera and plans for later in the evening.
· 4:00pm – Down to Ketchum (this is where we camp) load up in the boat to get some on the water pictures of the gals.
· 4:15PM – BOAT IS DEAD!! Mom gets on the phone to call for help, Trent (soon to be groom) jumped onto our boat for some repairs, running again! Start it up and gets some air flowing. Finally back up the river. By this time it is over 100 degrees, get me back to the AC!
· 5:00pm – headed to the house to get ready for the races.
· 5:10 – passed a sign that said FREE JUNK! Of course I turned around. I was almost done loading my car when Rick pulled in. The first thing out of his mouth was, I knew when I saw the sign that you would be here. He loaded a few more things for me.
· 6:00 arrive at home in time to grab a sandwich clean up a bit the off to the races.
· 10:00pm – back at home, shower and hit the bed! I have to get up tomorrow and edit some pictures.

Sunday was not as bad. It was pretty much laid back, time in the pool and unload the car. Snap a picture for Jess to check out. I’ve been thinking of some crafty ideas to do with my “junk”. She has a great idea so I think for this I will steal her chalkboard idea. (sorry) Also wait to see what I have in store for the picture frames. You will be shocked. Martha look out here comes Tina !! Then I ended my day with a storm!


Until next time- stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the 'JUNK' I totally would have turned around too! And you're so right, that will make a perfect chalkboard! Perfect for listing your menu each week in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete