Saturday, August 29, 2009

Time for R & R

For the past 2 weeks it's been a little frantic around here. I just finished processing pictures from my nieces wedding ( I took 1200, yep I go a little bizerk with the camera) and now I have to prepare for vacation. So, all projects on hold, except for tending to my corn. As you know from reading past posts, I entered a corn contest. Well, it now stands about 12' tall and is almost done growing. It will probably reach 13' which is pretty darn tall. That's a bummer because I heard that someone has already reached 18', geez how did he do it! I called Edward Jones ( official measurers) and they told me they would come out measure and do a little write up for this area. Oh well, a little fame is ok but the prize of 200# of pork, 200# of beef and $100 gas card would have been even better.
My nieces wedding turned out great, or at least the pictures did. I didn't get to enjoy the wedding since I was behind the camera from 1PM- 9PM. That was a long day and then when I got home I had to start on the pictures to get them all ready before I go on vacation. Pictures are done at least for the most part. You can get a looksie here
Vacation time is here - New York here we come. NOT New York City, there's more to NY than the big city. We are going to Rick's moms in Franklinville for an overnight stay then on up to Wellesley Island State Park for camping. The park overlooks St. Lawrence River that hosts - 1,000 Islands. The 1000 Islands Region is an international tourism destination, encompassing communities on both sides of the US and Canada border along the St. Lawrence River and the eastern shores of Lake Ontario. The region takes its name from the more than 1000 islands that dot the lake and river along this international waterway. The region extends from Kingson to Cornwall on the Canadian side, and from Oswego to Massena on the US side, reaching inland to the foothills of the Adirondack mountains to embrace the communities that are west and north of the Adirondack Park, and the four NY Counties of Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence. Sounds like a good time, don't ya think. Now it's time to get off this computer, get my house work done and start planning what I'm going to pack. We will hit the road Thursday evening. What could be more relaxing then camping, sightseeing, shopping ( of course) and weenies over an open fire! Not to mention with the cool temps I might get to see some Fall colors! Pictures will be posted when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment